I was selected as a finalist in Project M this year. I'm very excited and a little nervous! The website is here. Filming begins next week, and I'm really looking forward to meeting the other contestants. We'll also receive our first week's challenge on Monday... no idea what to expect! Constraints tend to help the creative process, so hopefully the challenges won't be too broad or vague.
Today I'm working on getting my songwriting chops ready for next week, so I decided to pull some old backburner tunes out of the cellar and see what I could do with them. Things are going well, I think. Right now, I'm looking at a tune I based off of a whole-tone scale. The melody and chords of the verses are done, but the lyrics are out-dated. So, I'm rewriting the lyrics, and I need to come up with a chorus and/or bridge. I'll post the tune if and when I finish it ;)
Wish me luck!!